Royal Gorge is known for its extensive, seemingly endless trail network that offers something for everyone—whether that’s gliding around the Van Norden Meadow, or challenging climbs to the Point Mariah lookout.
Performed on firm, smooth snow surfaces, skate skiing requires pushing alternating skis away from each other in a motion similar to ice skating. Skiers use poles and their upper body strength to help generate momentum, resulting in a full-body workout. This method of skiing has become popular with those who enjoy endurance sports, or who are looking for a challenging winter activity that requires stamina and a greater level of technique than classic XC.
Royal Gorge offers:
- State-of-the-art equipment rentals
- Daily group lessons with experienced instructors
- Specialty clinics designed to refine technique
- Terrain for all ability levels from first-timers through advanced skaters
- Dog-friendly trails at Van Norden trailheads
*Holiday rates apply 12/22/18- 1/6/19, 1/19/19-1/21/19, 2/16/19-2/24/19.
9411 Pahatsi Rd.
Soda Springs CA 95728