In our efforts to remain continuously open during the 2020/21 season and to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, there will be many operating and policy changes in effect at Royal Gorge this winter. Probably the biggest change is that Summit Station lodge will be closed to the public, with few exceptions (such as picking up rental equipment). There will be no opportunity to enter the lodge for restroom use, booting up or to warm up. We've assembled a collection of portable restrooms outside. Otherwise, you car must be your shelter and base lodge. Please plan accordingly.
Please read all of the information below, which details the Royal Gorge experience this winter. Thanks for your cooperation and we look forward to hosting you.
Our Expectations of You
- Stay home if feeling sick or if you might have been exposed to others with COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering, which is required at Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge - indoors (all the time) and outdoors (except when actively skiing/snowshoeing or eating outdoors) - for all guests and staff.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet between unrelated parties.
- Significant investments have been made around the resort to protect guests & employees including:
- Self-Service pick-up stations for daily trail pass redemption
- Personal protective barriers at all sales transaction stations
- Sanitizing stations distributed conveniently located throughout the resort
- COVID-specific signage throughout the resort
- Additional outdoor restroom facilities
- A new Care Team department responsible for working with guests to communicate and enforce our expectations for face coverings, physical distancing and other COVID-specific policies along with sanitation of common areas.
The BIG FOUR
- Details about our COVID policies are outlined below but here are four critical items you need to know before you arrive:
- No Walk-Up Day-of Purchases. Advanced reservations are required. All trail passes, lessons and rentals must be purchased online, prior to your arrival.
- Face Coverings are Required, indoors and outdoors. The only exception to this is when skiing/snowshoeing or eating/drinking outdoors.
- No Congregation Permitted. Grouping with guests outside of your related party will not be permitted.
- No Indoor Access. Summit Station Lodge is closed this season. Arrive prepared to enjoy an outdoor experience the entire time you're at Royal Gorge.
- Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces.
- Face coverings will be required outdoors throughout the resort, except when actively skiing or when eating/drinking outdoors.
- Face coverings may be removed when actively cross country skiing or snowshoeing but you must resume wearing your mask when entering the lodge and parking lot areas.
- Face coverings should be two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric, which completely cover your nose and mouth at all times. A single-layer "buff" does not meet CDC guidelines.
- Indoor access to Summit Station Lodge will not be allowed this season (except to pick up rental gear), so please arrive prepared to enjoy an outdoor experience.
- Select grab & go food/beverage items will be available for purchase outside. If the weather is not suitable to outdoor dining, we recommend utilizing your vehicle as an alternative.
- Restrooms are not available indoors, Outdoor portable restrooms are available this season for your convenience.
Trail Passes & Season Passes
- Trail passes are only available for purchase online and must be purchased at least one day prior to your arrival. There will be a limited quantity of trail passes available for purchase on any given day, so we recommend you purchase early. There will be no opportunity to purchase a trail pass at Royal Gorge on the day of your visit.
- Royal Gorge will have trail passes available for the general public every day of the season, however they may sell-out quickly so purchase early.
- If no trail passes are available for a particular day, please check back. We will be adjusting inventory levels often based on the demand and rolling forecast of season passholder visits.
- At this time, we are not planning to require 20/21 Royal Gorge season passholders to make reservations for the days they want to ski/ride. We do reserve the right to institute a reservation system if necessary but have taken many active measures to avoid it.
- Friends & Family trail passes must be purchased online at one day prior to arrival. A limited number of Friends & Family lift tickets will be available each day. These tickets will sell-out each day and will be challenging to secure for any given day.
Lessons and Rentals
- At this time, Royal Gorge will only offer private ski lessons with a maximum of 4 individuals from a related party.
- Lessons must be booked online, at least two days prior to the lesson date.
- All lesson participants (Adult & Child) will check-in at the Summit Station tent.
- All ski and snowshoe rentals must be purchased online at least two days prior to your visit date.
- During the booking process you will select a rental fitting appointment time. It is important for guests to arrive on-time for their assigned time slot
- Limited access inside Summit Station lodge will be allowed for rental fitting only.